Why is it so hard to find your voice when the stakes are high?
From interviews to presentations, from speeches to sales calls– our ability to talk with confidence is the key to making an impact. In this episode, I talk with UK-based author and voice coach, Caroline Goyder, about how to Find Your Voice.
In this episode, we discuss:
- the importance of dealing with the moment when something unexpected happens
- what Caroline learned from a stand-up comedy director for her TEDx Talk
- how to properly rehearse a speech
- Zoom fatigue
- why theater skills are great for life in helping you remain centered, present, and listening
- why she recommends using props in place of slides for talks
- how to deal with anxiety before a presentation
- the key to sounding confident on calls and video meetings
Caroline Goyder is one of the world’s best voice coaches working with top executives, speakers, and everyday people who rely on their voice for delivering messages. Her TEDx Talk (The Surprising Secret to Speaking with Confidence) has over 7.5 million views on YouTube, and she is the author of three books, including her latest effort — Find Your Voice: The Secret to Talking with Confidence in Any Situation. She worked for many years at London’s Royal Central School of Speech and Drama as a voice coach before launching her own company. She is regularly sought out by the media, and has been featured on television and in numerous national and international newspapers.