Everyone is looking for a great story.
Create and tell the kinds of stories that engage, inspire, and motivate. If you’ve ever asked yourself any of the questions below, you’re in the right place.
“How do I get people to pay attention?”
“How do I attract the most talented people to my company?”
“How do I create authentic engagement amongst my employees?”
“How can I foster a more collaborative and positive workplace?”
“How do I create the kind of company culture that gets people excited?”
“What the heck do I do about MILLENNIALS?”
I’ve spent over 20 years working with high growth, experience-driven organizations from airlines to hotels, from restaurants to wine distributors, and from tech startups to real estate brokers. I’ve helped to grow iconic brands like ChowNow, Potbelly Sandwich Shop, Lettuce Entertain You, Yum Brands, Pressed Juicery and Protein Bar. In that time, I’ve been on the front-lines of crafting stories that help create bottom-line results, beloved brands, and engaging employee experiences.
I’m sharing it all right here with you so that you can start to shape your organization into one that wins on your terms.
You are only one story away.
Using the best ideas from improvisational theater, experience design thinking, and storytelling — I’ll help you create the kind of the culture that your employees love and customers can’t stop talking about.
After two decades of deep industry experience, these days I get to focus on what I love: working with brands to create the kind of stories that engages employees, attracts top talent, creates collaboration, and boosts customer experience. I deliver keynote speeches, lead workshops on all the things that make a great story: collaboration, leadership, vision and values creation, human resources, and customer service.
I’ve trained and performed improvisation at the world-famous Second City, Upright Citizen’s Brigade, and Improv Olympics. I’ve used my background in improv as a speaker, emcee, and trainer to help teams work together better.
I live in Los Angeles, collect wine, travel a lot, and have a mild obsession with craft coffee.
Accolades & Experience
- An experienced pro, having given hundreds of actionable, entertaining presentations world-wide for audiences in nearly every field.
- Author of Company Culture for Dummies which was named a Top 10 Culture books.
- Named a Top 30 Organizational Culture Guru by Global Guru.
- The Executive Producer for TEDx Cambridge — the longest running, independently organized TED event. Mike’s worked with leading researchers and scientists from Harvard University, Yale University, and MIT as well as leaders from the World Economic Forum.
- Secured over $200 million in private equity funding in the hospitality industry.
- Former Chief Operating Officer at Protein Bar and has been Director of Operations, Director of Training, and Head of HR for other category-leading brands.
- A renowned hospitality and tech executive with over 20 years experience in the hotel, restaurant, tech, and retail industries.
- A skilled improv actor who uses applied improv techniques to help teams collaborate and work better together (performed and trained at world-famous Second City, Upright Citizen’s Brigade, and Improv Olympics).
- A popular emcee and event host.
- A growth guru with over 100 new location openings and multi-unit market launches completed
- An industry success story, having grown three multi-million dollar businesses exponentially across multi-markets and helping to secure private-equity funding.
- A wine collector and former wine trainer (super into esoteric European grapes grown in California).
- A go-to source for media interviews on storytelling, leadership, communication, and company culture.